What drives the convergence between media organisations in this digital age? What kind of convergence are we seeing beyond the ownership convergence?
My academic paper, to be shortly published in the peer reviewed academic journal MEDIANZ, investigates different kind of convergences in New Zealand media.
The paper argues that media corporations form tactical alliances and partnerships to:
- increase potential revenue
- to increase audience size
- to defend against Facebook and Google
- to boost brand awareness and profile
- to advance multiplatform delivery
- to create cost savings