Senior Lecturer at Auckland University of Technology
Co-Director of Journalism, Media and Democracy research center
I am experienced researcher, senior lecturer and tutor at Auckland University of Technology (AUT), School of Communication Studies in Auckland. I am part of the newly established Critical Media Studies department at the School. I am also co-director of AUT research centre for Journalism, Media and Democracy (JMAD).
Before moving to academia, I worked as a financial and business journalist. I started my journalism career in Helsinki, Finland, and then worked in London, the United Kingdom, for 15 as a correspondent. I have experience in print, online and television journalism. I move to New Zealand in 2009, and to academia in 2011.
A professional profile on LinkedIn.
Academic profile here.
- Since December 2020, senior lecturer at AUT
- Since early 2019, co-director of JMAD
- Since February 2019, tenured lecturer at AUT
- 2017-2018, post-doctoral research fellow at AUT
- 2011-2019, project manager of JMAD
- 2011-2020, the author at JMAD
- 2011-2019, contract lecturer at AUT
- Editorial board member Media and Communication journal
- Editorial assistant for the special issues of the Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies and the Journalism and Mass Communication Educator.
- Reviewer for the Digital Journalism, Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies, Journalism Studies, Journal of Media Business Studies.
Teaching experience in
- Communication ethics
- Media, technology & society
- Media, politics and citizenship
- Media communication
- News media processes