Lecturer at Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
Researcher and project manager at the Journalism, Media and Democracy (JMAD) research center.
Experienced researcher, lecturer and tutor. Extensive experience in financial and business journalism. After working as a stock market reporter in Helsinki, Finland, worked in London, the United Kingdom, for 15 years as a financial journalist for print, online and television. Made a move to academia in 2011.
A professional profile on LinkedIn.
- Since February 2019, tenured lecturer at AUT School of Communication Studies.
- December 2017 to December 2018. Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at AUT.
- Since 2011, a project manager and a researcher at the center for Journalism, Media and Democracy (JMAD), based at Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
- Since, 2011, the author of the annual JMAD New Zealand media ownership reports.
- Since 2011, contract lecturer at AUT in media communication and journalism.
- Editorial board member Media and Communication journal
- Editorial assistant for the special issues of the Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies and the Journalism and Mass Communication Educator.
- Reviewer for the Digital Journalism, Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies, Journalism Studies, Journal of Media Business Studies.
Teaching experience in
- Media communication
- Media studies
- Media skills
- News media processes