Lecturer at Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
Co-Director of Journalism, Media and Democracy (JMAD) research center.
Experienced researcher, lecturer and tutor. Extensive experience in financial and business journalism. After working as a stock market reporter in Helsinki, Finland, worked in London, the United Kingdom, for 15 years as a financial journalist for print, online and television. Made a move to academia in 2011.
A professional profile on LinkedIn.
- Since early 2019, Co-Director of Journalism, Media and Democracy research center
- Since February 2019, tenured lecturer at AUT School of Communication Studies.
- December 2017 to December 2018. Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at AUT.
- Since 2011, a project manager and a researcher at the center for Journalism, Media and Democracy (JMAD), based at Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
- Since, 2011, the author of the annual JMAD New Zealand media ownership reports.
- Since 2011, contract lecturer at AUT in media communication and journalism.
- Editorial board member Media and Communication journal
- Editorial assistant for the special issues of the Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies and the Journalism and Mass Communication Educator.
- Reviewer for the Digital Journalism, Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies, Journalism Studies, Journal of Media Business Studies.
Teaching experience in
- Media communication
- Media studies
- Media skills
- News media processes