Research fellow and project manager at Journalism, Media and Democracy research center.
Extensive experience in financial and business journalism. After working as a stock market reporter in Helsinki, Finland, worked in London, the United Kingdom, for 15 years as a financial journalist for print, online and television. Made a move to academia in 2011.
A professional profile on LinkedIn.
- 2017-to date research fellow, AUT.
- Since 2011, project manager and researcher at the center for Journalism, Media and Democracy (JMAD), based at Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
- Since, 2011, the author of the JMAD’s annual New Zealand media ownership report.
- Since 2011, contract lecturer at AUT in media communication and journalism.
- Editorial assistant for the special issues of the Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies and the Journalism and Mass Communication Educator.
- Reviewer for the Digital Journalism, Journal of Applied Journalism and Media Studies, Journal of Media Business Studies.
Teaching experience in
- Media communication
- Media studies
- Media skills
- News media processes